MEDIA ADVISORYContact: Tim Razzaq((206) 202-2883 email@example.com or
We Are BOOST, CMX Inc. and Organizational Leaders Co-Sponsor Panel to Examines Job, Career, Housing, Business, and Educational Opportunities in the Emerging Green Economy
Philadelphia, PA – In a collaborative featuring individuals, organizations, and businesses, We Are Building Open Opportunity Structures Together (We Are BOOST), CMX Engineers, and Consultants, Simply Natural Living, and Modern Metal Work are offering opportunity seekers a chance to hear directly from leaders in the fields of green building, sustainable community design, smart growth, and environmental economics. Walk-ins are welcome and encouraged and admission in $15 per-person – children under 12 years of age admitted free.
WHAT - Panel Discussion, Buffet-style Dinner, Networking, and Community Building
How can civics, the arts, leadership, and environmental economics be combined into a force for generating job, career, housing, business, and educational opportunities in a faltering economy and in a sustainable fashion is the challenge the panelists and members of communities from New Jersey and Philadelphia will take on. This is the second in a series of three panels with the final 2008 forum to take place at a date and location to be announced this Sunday.
Christopher Zelov of the Knossus Project and dircecto new film, City21. Zelov will preview City21, and co-moderate panel, featuring:
· Susie Belier, CHHC, AADP, OTR/L
Spectrum Health Consulting
TOPIC: Change Your Food, Fuel Your Life
· Anastasia Harrison, LEED-AP, AIA, IAQA Director of Business Development - WESKetch Architecture + Interiors, Inc.
TOPIC: “Why Live Green? Real Reasons, Rationales, and Practical Steps You CAN Take”
· Stephen F. Finkelman, P.E., LEED-APAssociate - CMX Engineering
TOPIC: “LEED for Homes and Energy Conservation Strategies”
· Doug CohenFounder - Inspired Futures Global Campaign
TOPIC: “Leaders of the Next Generation: Youth and Sustainability”
· Marianne MalloyEastern Regional Network Program Coordinator - Environmental Leadership Program
TOPIC: “ELP: 21st Century Community-Building and Social Capital Creation”
· Anne Misak - Program Organizer - Clean Water Action – Philadelphia
TOPIC: “Protecting Our Watersheds and Improving Recycling in Philadelphia”
· Sean Crane, AA, AS, RESNET, BPI, Green Advantage Commercial
Chief Technical Officer - Home Town Green
TOPIC: “Walk Softly and Save Wisely”
· Peter Abrams - Proprietor - Modern Metal Work & Trenton Atelier
TOPIC: “Waste-Stream Treasures: What You Throw Away Does Not Go Away!”
Sunday, October 26 – 3PM until 6PM.
Dock Street Micro Brewery
701 S. 50th Street (50th and Baltimore Avenues)
Philadelphia, PA 19143
For more information, please go to